First off, this description is a wishlist, not a checklist. We want to find a super-amazing person to join our team, and we’re well aware that “super-amazing” can come in all different forms. If you’re a little less experienced on a specific bullet point, or if you didn’t go to a fancy school, apply anyway. We look at candidates, not resumes.
About the Role
Standard is looking for a highly-skilled executive assistant to provide the CEO and other C-level leaders with the highest level of administrative service and support. You’ll be joining the leadership team, must thrive with lots of autonomy, and will have and immediate impact on the success of various high-level workflows.
- Proactively manage calendar, expense reports, and travel logistics for the CEO
- Personal assistance on occasion
- Serve as a liaison for creators, including setting up phone calls, facilitating communications to the appropriate internal staff, and following up with creators, when appropriate
- Meeting coordination, including taking notes and following up with action items from internal meetings
- Assist with event planning, swag ordering, and various other employee related tasks
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
We’re looking for someone with
- 3-5 years of experience as administrative support or a personal assistant (required)
- Proficiency with Google suite of products (docs, sheets, slides)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Judgement and ability to prioritize to effectively manage workload
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work effectively with teams and independently
- Good problem solving and analytical skills; ability to identify process improvement suggestions
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Diverse, socially-minded team of nice people
- Access to our wonderful NYC and Denver offices
- Medical, dental, and vision plans (for US-based employees)
- 401(k) and other benefits
- You’ll get to work with some of the best creators on YouTube
Standard is a sort of talent management agency and production company for thoughtful YouTubers and podcasters. We do a lot of things, so it’s hard to explain it all in a single paragraph, but our mission is to empower independent creators. Most of our time is spent talking or working with the creators directly, one on one or in a group, coming up with better tools and toys for them.
We’re a distributed company. We have offices in NYC and Denver, but more than 50% of the team is remote, in exotic locations like the UK, the Netherlands, France, and Ohio.
Because we’re distributed and because most of our tasks aren’t immediately time-sensitive we don’t really have operating hours, per se. There are things to do and meetings to be had, but we pride ourselves on our flexibility. We think this makes Standard a great place to work for people with families, or whose productive hours tend to be outside of the 9-5. We care about what you do more than when you do it.
How We Hire
We think that diversity is important. Many of us have non-traditional backgrounds. We work in the online education space, so we understand how much can be learned on your own, on the Internet, outside of a classroom.
We’re looking for people who are curious and passionate. Our team should be made up of people of all sorts of colors, genders, and sizes, who can help to expand our perspective and improve our ability to treat our creators and our audience with thoughtfulness and empathy.
If that sounds like you, we’re happy to care less how many years of experience you have or where you went to school. Apply anyway. And if you have any feedback on how we could reach or appeal to a more diverse pool of talent, get in touch.
Send an email to [email protected] and include:
- The position.
- What excited you about the role.
- Your resume, obviously.
- Links to relevant work available online.
- A note or two about your interests outside of work. This is usually more interesting than the resume part.
Tip: “tv” is part of our domain, not our name.