About the Role
First off, this description is a wishlist, not a checklist. We want to find a super-amazing person to join our team, and we're well aware that "super-amazing" can come in all different forms. If you're a little less experienced on a specific bullet point, or if you didn't go to a fancy school, apply anyway. We look at candidates, not resumes.
Standard is looking for an NYC-based or remote frontend engineer to build, maintain, and shape the roadmap for the web application that enables creators and sponsors to schedule, book and deeply analyze the performance of their media. You’ll be joining a team of senior full stack engineers and have lots of autonomy and immediate impact in controlling the direction of the web application and the technology decisions surrounding it. You’ll work with creators and sponsors directly to help identify needs and deliver products to support their work.
You’ll be responsible for
- Own and develop the web application used by creators and sponsors currently built in React, Redux, SASS and Django
- Help develop the technology roadmap going forward
- Take new features from idea to shipped product
- Work with creators and sponsors to identify improvements
We’re looking for someone with
- 2+ years of professional frontend engineering experience (React, Redux, and CSS experience required)
- An eye for design & product
- Excited about online video and podcasts
- Comfortable with remote work
- Good communicator
- Independent & self-motivated
- Competitive salary
- Access to our wonderful NYC office
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- 401(k) and other benefits
Standard is a sort of talent management agency and production company for thoughtful YouTubers and podcasters. We do a lot of things, so it's hard to explain it all in a single paragraph, but our mission is to empower independent creators. Most of our time is spent talking or working with the creators directly, one on one or in a group, coming up with better tools and toys for them.
We're a distributed company. We have offices in NYC and Denver, but more than 50% of the team is remote, in exotic locations like the UK, the Netherlands, France, and Ohio.
Because we're distributed and because most of our tasks aren't immediately time-sensitive we don't really have operating hours, per se. There are things to do and meetings to be had, but we pride ourselves on our flexibility. We think this makes Standard a great place to work for people with families, or whose productive hours tend to be outside of the 9-5. We care about what you do more than when you do it.
How We Hire
We think that diversity is important. Many of us have non-traditional backgrounds. We work in the online education space, so we understand how much can be learned on your own, on the Internet, outside of a classroom.
We're looking for people who are curious and passionate. Our team should be made up of people of all sorts of colors, genders, and sizes, who can help to expand our perspective and improve our ability to treat our creators and our audience with thoughtfulness and empathy.
If that sounds like you, we're happy to care less how many years of experience you have or where you went to school. Apply anyway. And if you have any feedback on how we could reach or appeal to a more diverse pool of talent, get in touch.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- The position.
- What excited you about the role.
- Your resume, obviously.
- Links to relevant work available online (github, etc).
- A note or two about your interests outside of work. This is usually more interesting than the resume part.
Tip: "tv" is part of our domain, not our name.