Lead Data Scientist
Standard helps YouTube creators grow their audience and helps brands scale their business. As a data scientist, you'll lead how we measure our progress in fulfilling those missions.
You will be our first full-time data scientist, developing new data products for Standard. You will use our data to identify and scale creators and brands that we partner with while optimizing internal processes. You will get to work with top YouTube creators to develop strategies to drive strong sponsorship performance for brands. Conversely, you’ll also get to work with exciting brands that want to understand how the creators help drive business.
Our ideal candidate is a curious and disciplined individual who enjoys solving complex problems—whether it’s planning out a long-term data science strategy or diving deep into a problem. They should be familiar with YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, podcasts, and other content platform, and should understand how these ecosystems work.
You will report to our CEO and work closely with our COO and our engineering team. The Data team plays a significant role at Standard—building tools that allow teams to understand the health of the business and our creators.
- Identify best practices and solutions that can make a meaningful difference to Standard's performance.
- Lead strategy sessions to formulate a long term Data Science roadmap with input from key stakeholders
- Participate in Leadership Team meetings, contributing to overall company, specific creators/clients strategy meetings
Client/Creator Data Science solutions
- Represent Standard in client/creator meetings to showcase Standard's Data Science capabilities
- As appropriate, scope and resolve data science requests for clients and creators (such as growth or opportunity assessments)
Team Management responsibilities
- Ensure adequate headcount and capabilities of the Data Science function by regularly measuring capacity of the team vs. demand from internal & external customers
- Maintain an agile organizational structure optimized to support the Data Science internal & external customers. Ensure that the roles on the team are clearly defined and the expectation of the roles are clearly articulated
- Ensure D&A team members effectively partner and contribute to critical product development that leverages D&A inputs.
- Produce dashboards that allow the team to make data-driven decisions
Workflow Management responsibilities
- Prioritize the work of the Data Science team with input from internal customers
- Partner with our engineers on establishing an efficient data ingestion to further free up Data Science and BI resources.
- Drive a consultative scoping process focused on delivering high value efficiently
- Maintain a portfolio of the data science projects to ensure on-time delivery and keep stakeholders aware of the status
- Implement a Quality Management process to ensure the accuracy of the output of the team & to reduce rework
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience with a background in data science, machine-learning, predictive analytics,marketing and/or growth analytics, ecommerce analytics, and website analytics
- 5+ years experience programming in Python and/or R
- Be a technical leader and mentor for the data science team, instituting best engineering practices (coding standards, automated testing, CI/CD, scalability)
- Development experience with the scientific Python stack (Pandas, Numpy/Scipy, scikit-learn, etc)
- 2+ years of growing and managing a team of analysts and/or data scientists
- Fluent in database querying languages such as SQL
- Experience with BI Tools like Tableau
- Bachelor's in a quantitative field, Master's degree a plus
- Proven track record of exceeding goals in a scalable way
- Ability to understand business priorities and dig into any problems if needed
- Competitive salary
- Our delightful NYC office
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- 401(k) and other benefits
Send an email to email@example.com and include:
- The position
- What excited you about the role
- Your resume
- Links to relevant work available online
Tip: "tv" is part of our domain, not our name.