Motion Graphics Designer
First off, this description is a wishlist, not a checklist. We want to find a super-amazing person to join our team, and we're well aware that "super-amazing" can come in all different forms. If you're a little less experienced on a specific bullet point, or if you didn't go to a fancy school, apply anyway. We look at candidates, not resumes.
About the Role
Standard is looking for a Netherlands-based or remote motion graphics designer to join our production services team. You’ll be working with and supporting our creators by providing motion graphics and animations, and helping to relieve the pressure that comes with tight deadlines and production schedules. You’ll be expected to work efficiently, keep to tight deadlines, and communicate with creators to produce quality work in their individual styles.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can think independently and creatively about how to display information in an aesthetically pleasing, dynamic way. We’re looking for someone able to learn and grasp new concepts and illustrate them to teach others. Ideally, you should also be able to adapt your graphical style to suit a range of different channels.
- Communicating with creators
- Working in different styles
- Receiving and applying feedback
- Asset creation
- Motion graphics production
- Video compositing
What We're Looking For
- After Effects experience
- Cinema 4D and Houdini experience
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- A good eye for design
- Illustration skills
- Attention to detail and factual accuracy
- A hunger for knowledge and curiosity about the wider world
- Excitement about informative and informational online video content
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Diverse, socially-minded team of nice people
- Access to our wonderful NYC and Denver offices
- Medical, dental, and vision plans (for US-based employees)
- 401(k) and other benefits
- You'll get to work with some of the best creators on YouTube
Standard is a sort of talent management agency and production company for thoughtful YouTubers and podcasters. We do a lot of things, so it's hard to explain it all in a single paragraph, but our mission is to empower independent creators. Most of our time is spent talking or working with the creators directly, one on one or in a group, coming up with better tools and toys for them.
We're a distributed company. We have offices in NYC and Denver, but more than 50% of the team is remote, in exotic locations like the UK, the Netherlands, France, and Ohio.
Because we're distributed and because most of our tasks aren't immediately time-sensitive we don't really have operating hours, per se. There are things to do and meetings to be had, but we pride ourselves on our flexibility. We think this makes Standard a great place to work for people with families, or whose productive hours tend to be outside of the 9-5. We care about what you do more than when you do it.
How We Hire
We think that diversity is important. Many of us have non-traditional backgrounds. We work in the online education space, so we understand how much can be learned on your own, on the Internet, outside of a classroom.
We're looking for people who are curious and passionate. Our team should be made up of people of all sorts of colors, genders, and sizes, who can help to expand our perspective and improve our ability to treat our creators and our audience with thoughtfulness and empathy.
If that sounds like you, we're happy to care less how many years of experience you have or where you went to school. Apply anyway. And if you have any feedback on how we could reach or appeal to a more diverse pool of talent, get in touch.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- The position.
- What excited you about the role.
- Your resume, obviously.
- Links to relevant work available online (github, etc).
- A note or two about your interests outside of work. This is usually more interesting than the resume part.
Tip: "tv" is part of our domain, not our name.