VP of Data and Partnerships
About the Role
First off, this description is a wishlist, not a checklist. We want to find a super-amazing person to join our team, and we're well aware that "super-amazing" can come in all different forms. If you're a little less experienced on a specific bullet point, or if you didn't go to a fancy school, apply anyway. We look at candidates, not resumes.
Standard is looking for someone with experience working with sponsors and creators, supporting the development of relationships through a solid understanding of the data science behind influencer marketing, YouTube, and how the different platforms intertwine.
Our ideal candidate is someone with experience in influencer marketing, either on YouTube or similar platforms, who understands the challenges that creators face when working with sponsors. This person will be comfortable looking at large data sets, understanding how they fit together, and projecting the impact of that data on the long-term growth of creator partnerships.
This is not a number-crunching role. While a data science background is important, our ideal candidate will understand the nuances of friendly business relationships, and will be responsible for leading the team with the most direct impact on sponsor revenue for Standard and — more importantly — our creators.
- Communicating with creators and staff.
- Designing and building reports to help creators and sponsors understand growth.
- Working with sponsors to identify key performance indicators.
- Insertion order planning based on what is best for the audience and for creator growth, not just what makes the most money today.
- Management of the sponsor coordination team, ensuring that everything moves smoothly.
- Ensuring that creators have a full understanding of sponsor requirements, and all necessary materials.
- Helping our user interaction and engineering teams design creator-facing analytics tools across a variety of content platforms.
- Leading the planning of analytics tools for a custom video platform.
What We're Looking For
- 3-5 years of experience with influencer marketing.
- An understanding of how sponsor reads are created on YouTube.
- Good communication skills.
- Tableau experience.
- Attention to detail and factual accuracy.
- Strong leadership skills
- A willingness to grow and adapt as the job inevitably changes over time
- A passion for educational content on the internet.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy.
- Diverse, socially-minded team of nice people.
- Access to our wonderful NYC office.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans.
- 401(k) and other benefits.
- You'll get to work with some of the best creators on YouTube.
Standard is a sort of talent management agency and production company for thoughtful YouTubers and podcasters. We do a lot of things, so it's hard to explain it all in a single paragraph, but our mission is to empower independent creators. Most of our time is spent talking or working with the creators directly, one on one or in a group, coming up with better tools and toys for them.
We're a distributed company. We have offices in NYC and Denver, but more than 50% of the team is remote, in exotic locations like the UK, the Netherlands, France, and Ohio.
Because we're distributed and because most of our tasks aren't immediately time-sensitive we don't really have operating hours, per se. There are things to do and meetings to be had, but we pride ourselves on our flexibility. We think this makes Standard a great place to work for people with families, or whose productive hours tend to be outside of the 9-5. We care about what you do more than when you do it.
How We Hire
We think that diversity is important. Many of us have non-traditional backgrounds. We work in the online education space, so we understand how much can be learned on your own, on the Internet, outside of a classroom.
We're looking for people who are curious and passionate. Our team should be made up of people of all sorts of colors, genders, and sizes, who can help to expand our perspective and improve our ability to treat our creators and our audience with thoughtfulness and empathy.
If that sounds like you, we're happy to care less how many years of experience you have or where you went to school. Apply anyway. And if you have any feedback on how we could reach or appeal to a more diverse pool of talent, get in touch.
Send an email to email@example.com and include:
- The position.
- What excited you about the role.
- Your resume, obviously.
- Links to relevant work available online (github, etc).
- A note or two about your interests outside of work. This is usually more interesting than the resume part.
Tip: "tv" is part of our domain, not our name.